Q & A – 2010 Pay Equity Maintenance
Here are some questions and answers about the recent 2010 pay equity maintenance agreement. Do not hesitate to contact your local union for more details.
Classes of Employments
- Which job classes are affected by the 2010 maintenance?
- Why are Executive Secretaries not included in the agreement?
- I am entitled if I am retired?
- If I am no longer employed by a school board or centre, am I covered by the agreement?
- If I replaced a School or Center Secretary, a Day Care Service Technician or a Administration Technician during the period in question, can I benefit from the agreement?
- If I have been reassigned to a position which constitutes an involuntary demotion as defined in clause 7-3.09, am I covered by the agreement?
- What happens if the person has died?
- What will the salary of the School or Center Secretary be?
- What will the salary of Day Care Service Technician be?
- What will the salary of Administration Technician be?
- How many payments will there be?
- What will the retroactivity be?
- How do I calculate my retroactivity?
- Does the agreement have an impact on the employee’s advancement in salary step?
- What is the interest rate?
- Can your employer contribute part or all of your retroactive sums to RRSPs and TFSAs?
Period, deadlines, procedures and responsibilities
- What is the period covered by the agreement?
- When will I receive my retroactivity?
- How long can the employer take to pay my retroactive salary?
- Do I have to take any steps to get my retroactive salary?
- How will this impact QPIP benefits received during the period in question?
- How will this impact employment insurance benefits received during the period in question?
- What are the employer’s responsibilities?