Pay Equity Maintenance 2020
Survey of School Support Staff
This survey will be used for the pay equity maintenance process in your class of employment for the period of December 21, 2015 to December 20, 2020. It is an FPSS survey to be used only by the FPSS.
The Pay Equity Act provides a framework for maintaining pay equity. The government must implement its 2020 maintenance soon. They must identify any events which may have affected pay equity since their previous assessment of December 21, 2015. They must, for example, take into consideration any changes that have modified the tasks and responsibilities of specific job categories along with the remuneration of these job categories. They must assess these changes and determine whether wage adjustments are required for predominantly female job categories.
The purpose of the Pay Equity Act is to correct wage gaps based on systemic gender discrimination against people who hold jobs in predominantly female job categories.
Anticipating that we may soon receive the government’s 2020 pay equity maintenance assessment, we are conducting this survey to identify events that may have occurred in your job during the reference period, from December 21, 2015 to December 20, 2020. The Fédération du personnel de soutien scolaire (FPSS-CSQ) will use this data to demonstrate, if necessary, any non-compliance elements in the government’s 2020 pay equity maintenance assessment.
If you agree to share your email address, we can send you a copy of your responses (within 30 days) and contact you for more details on certain items. Your personal email address, other than that of the CSS / CS, will remain confidential, it will not be used for other purposes.
Your collaboration is therefore essential to inform us of any changes that may have occurred in your job. This survey is extended until May 31.
What is your class of employment?
- Administration Technician
- Attendant for Handicapped Students
- Audiovisual Technician
- Braille Technician
- Building Technician
- Caretaker, class II
- Caretaker, class I
- Certified Maintenance Workman
- Cook, class III
- Cook, class II
- Cook, class I
- Data Processing Operator, class I
- Data Processing Operator, principal class
- Data Processing Technician
- Data Processing Technician, principal class
- Day Care Service Educator
- Day Care Service Educator, principal class
- Day Care Service Technician
- Documentation Technician
- Maintenance Workman, class III (domestic help)
- Maintenance Workman, class II
- Maintenance Workman, class I (window installer, tile setter, sander, metal locker repairman)
- Master Pipe Mechanic
- Mechanic, class II
- Mechanic, class I
- Night Caretaker, class II
- Night Caretaker, class I
- Nursing Assistant (or those possessing a Diploma in Health, Assistance and Nursing Care)
- School Organization Technician
- School or Centre Secretary
- School Transportation Inspector
- School Transportation Technician
- Social Work Technician
- Special Education Technician
- Specialized Shop Mechanic
- Stationary Engineer
- Storekeeper, class II
- Storekeeper, class I
- Storekeeper, principal class
- Student Supervisor
- Swimming Pool Supervisor